Unify projects to create a better validator

May 5, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Edited May 5, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Hi all:

I've been seen both validators, Rules Engine and Fluent Validation, from: http://fluentvalidation.codeplex.com/
I think that will be a good idea to mix them and create some RE-FV with the best of both, or even better conserve both and keep the two ways to perform the validations, bring the good things in, of each other and vice versa, this will result in a great and excellent validator and it will be easier to maintain a project with as many people as use. Both are good now, Fluent Validation is good in many ways and has many more downloads and visits to the project site, but Rules Engine is great for some specific tasks too.
I think it would be good idea, hope you think the same as me, I will wait attentive to your opinions.

PS: I will publish this same message in Fluent Validation CodePlex Discussions tab.

Thanks!
Coordinator
May 5, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Hi,

Are there specific features from Fluent Validation you would like to see in Rules Engine? Or vice-versa?
Rules Engine architecture is different from Fluent Validation. Unifying both of them would be hard at best... I haven't looked deeply enough into FluentValidation to be able to tell.

I have been working on the next release of Rules Engine (even been thinking of renaming it to something a little more appropriate). There may be the new features you long for in the new release...

Arno